Direct Care Staff (DCS)
Direct Care Staff are dedicated to fulfilling the Agencies vision and mission for individuals we serve. Direct Care Staff have direct involvement in assisting individuals with their: emotional/social/intellectual growth, ADL’s, meal preparation, social and recreational community activities, medication administration, housekeeping, transporting individuals to medical appointments and recreational outings, implementation of goal plans and behavioral supports in a family style residential environment.
All applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- ACT 33/34 requirements
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Candidates must be able and willing to complete Agency required training, maintain 24 hours of training per calendar year as required by Agency and Licensing standards.
- Candidates must be able and willing to work at various locations with individuals with various disabilities/diagnoses.
- Current physical with negativeTB testing
- Candidate must have good interpersonal and organizational skills and adequate written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have basic computer skills (documentation is done via IPads)
It is the policy of Global Adult Care Services (GAC Services) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, and marital status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, GAC Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Prior to employment, all persons must complete the physical examination form and our vaccination refusal statement found below.